Staff and Accompanying Partners at Aarhus UniversityWe offer international staff members and accompanying partners Danish courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. The courses are planned in cooperation between Aarhus University and Lærdansk Aarhus. We have highly educated and experienced teachers and use modern materials to ensure a fast and efficient learning process. All our courses are consistent with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
Danish tuition at Lærdansk
You have two options for Danish tuition at Lærdansk:
- Danish Language Education (DU) for a fee or
- Danish Courses (FVU) for free
Full Semester course for AU staff and partners
We offer courses specifically for AU staff and accompanying partners which are held at Aarhus University campus in order to make learning Danish more convenient for you. The schedule for these “full semester courses” at various levels is:
- Monday and Wednesday at 16.15 - 17.45 or 18.00 - 19.30
- Tuesday and Thursday at 16.15 - 17.45 or 18.00 - 19.30
Nobelparken, Jens Chr. Skous Vej, 8000 Aarhus C
We usually start at least one early and one late group at the beginning of each semester as well as 1-2 more groups later in the semester.
The next available course will be starting next semester
Crash Course for AU staff and partners
Start your learning experience with a 2 week beginner Crash Course. Classes are every morning from Monday to Friday at 8.30 - 11.30 and the course corresponds to 35-40 lessons. After the crash course, we recommend that you continue on a full semester course.
International Centre, Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 4, 8000 Aarhus C
Crash Course will be in week 36 and week 37, which is the first two weeks of September.
The deadline for signing up for this course will be Sunday the 19th of August.
Pre-arrival Danish courses
Do you want to start your Danish Education even before you arrive in Denmark? With our Pre-arrival Danish Course you have the opportunity to start whenever you want.
This type of course is a part of the offer Netdansk and takes place online independent of time and place. You have three different options:
- 25 online lessons (approx. 50 self-correcting assignments)
- An online teacher-supported course of 30 lessons (approx. 50-60 assignments)
- All topics include teacher-supported assignments and individual feedback
- A full-time teaching offer that matches classroom teaching - only it’s individual, independent of time and place, and online
- New assignments every week, web conferences with your teacher and other students
- The teaching leads up to current ministerial tests and exams. Minimum of three lesson pr week
You can read more about our Pre-arrival Danish courses here .
Please note that you need to be at least 16 years old to take the course.
Ann Elveberg, Lærdansk Coordinator
Ask me about Danish classes, schedule changes & language levels.
Jacob Møller, Lærdansk Campus Coordinator
Ask me about Danish education, system, rules, feedback & other.
E-mail: email@example.com // Telephone: (+ 45) 52 19 82 09